If you’ve been injured by a telemarketer, you may need to seek legal help. A TCPA attorney can help you file a lawsuit against the company. There are many attorneys out there who claim to specialize in TCPA cases, but how do you know which one is right for you? In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to find the best TCPA attorney for your needs.
What Does A TCPA Attorney Do For You?
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) is a law that was enacted in 1991 to protect consumers from unwanted telemarketing calls. The TCPA places restrictions on how telemarketers can contact consumers, and it gives consumers the right to sue telemarketers who violate the law.
A TCPA attorney helps people who have been injured by telemarketers who have violated the TCPA. If you’ve received numerous unwanted calls from a telemarketer, or if you’ve received calls from a telemarketer after you’ve told them to stop calling, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the company.
How To Find a Good TCPA Attorney
There are many attorneys out there who claim to be experts in TCPA cases. However, not all of them are created equal. Here are some tips on how to find a good TCPA attorney:
1. Do your research.
Before you hire an attorney, you should do some research on the lawyer and the law firm. Check out the law firm’s website and read customer reviews.
2. Make sure the lawyer is experienced.
When you’re looking for a TCPA lawyer, you want to make sure that the lawyer you choose is experienced in handling these types of cases. Ask the lawyer how many TCPA cases they have handled, and whether they have experience with the type of case you have.
3. Ask for referrals.
If you know someone who has used a TCPA lawyer in the past, ask them for a referral. You can also ask your friends or family if they know anyone who has used a TCPA lawyer.
4. Choose a law firm that offers free consultations.
When you’re looking for a TCPA lawyer, you should choose a law firm that offers free consultations. This way, you can meet with the lawyer and get an idea of how they would handle your case before you commit to hiring them.
5. Make sure you feel comfortable with the lawyer.
It’s important that you feel comfortable with the lawyer you choose. You should feel like you can trust the lawyer and that they have your best interests in mind. If you don’t feel comfortable with the lawyer, you may want to consider another option.
Top Questions To Ask A Lawyer Before Hiring Them
1. What is your experience with TCPA cases?
You want to make sure that the lawyer you’re considering is experienced in handling TCPA cases. Ask the lawyer how many cases they’ve handled and whether they have experience with the specific type of case you have.
2. What are your fees?
Before you hire a lawyer, you should ask about their fees. Many lawyers charge by the hour, so you’ll want to know how much you’ll be expected to pay. Some lawyers may also charge a contingency fee, which means they only get paid if you win your case.
3. What are your success rates?
When you’re considering hiring a lawyer, you’ll want to ask about their success rates. Ask the lawyer how many cases they’ve won and what the average settlement is for their clients.
4. How long will it take to resolve my case?
It’s important to ask the lawyer how long they think it will take to resolve your case. You don’t want to hire a lawyer who is going to drag out your case longer than necessary.
5. What are the risks of going to trial?
If you’re considering filing a lawsuit, you’ll want to ask the lawyer about the risks of going to trial. Ask the lawyer if there’s a chance that you could lose your case, and what the consequences would be if you did.
6. What are my chances of winning?
You’ll also want to ask the lawyer about your chances of winning your case. Ask the lawyer if they think you have a good chance of winning, and what they think the outcome of the case will be.
7. What are the next steps?
Once you’ve decided to hire a lawyer, you’ll want to ask them about the next steps. Ask the lawyer what needs to be done to file a lawsuit, and what you can expect during the process.
8. Do you have any questions for me?
Finally, you’ll want to ask the lawyer if they have any questions for you. This is your opportunity to get to know the lawyer and make sure that they’re the right fit for you.
Asking these questions will help you find a lawyer who is experienced, has a success rate, and who you feel comfortable with. Hiring the right lawyer is an important decision, and you want to make sure that you’re making the best choice for your case.
Characteristics Of A Good Lawyer
In addition to the tips above, there are certain characteristics you should look for in a good TCPA lawyer. A good TCPA lawyer will:
1. Have experience with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
2. Be able to explain the law to you in layman’s terms.
3. Be responsive to your phone calls and emails.
4. Be available to meet with you in person.
5. Be willing to take your case on a contingency basis (meaning they won’t get paid unless you win your case).
6. Have a good track record of winning TCPA cases.
7. Be honest with yourself about your chances of success.
8. Treat you with respect.
9. Be knowledgeable about the law and keep up with changes to the TCPA.
10. Have a staff that is responsive and helpful.
Signs That You’re Gonna Win The Case
Certain signs indicate you’re winning the case. These signs include:
1. The defendant agrees to settle the case out of court.
2. The defendant stops contesting the case and agrees to a judgment being entered against them.
3. The defendant files for bankruptcy.
4. You receive a favorable ruling from the court.
5. The defendant settles the case after being served with a summons and complaint.
6. The defendant is found guilty at trial.
7. The appeals court affirms a lower court’s decision in your favor.
8. The Supreme Court denies the defendants’ petition for certiorari, which means they will not review the lower court’s decision.
9. You settle with the defendant before the trial starts.
10. The defendant fails to appear for their deposition or trial.
Overall, the best way to find a good TCPA lawyer is to ask around for recommendations, do your research, and then interview potential lawyers. Be sure to ask the lawyer about their experience with the TCPA, their success rate, and what they think the next steps are. Finally, make sure you’re comfortable with the lawyer and that they’re able to explain the law to you in layman’s terms. If you follow these tips, you should be able to find a good TCPA lawyer who can help you win your case. Thanks for reading!